I promised I’d share some recent projects Jimmy and I have been working on, so here they are!
Project #1 is art for our living room.
When we painted our living room last year, we took everything off the walls and pretty much left them bare for the past year. It finally bugged me enough that I looked for some art to frame, but couldn’t find what I wanted, so I painted my own watercolor art.
I’m happy with how that little project came out! The only thing I would change would be to have bought 11×14 inch frames instead of 8×10. I think it seems a little bare because there isn’t much else on the wall near it. I’ll probably fill in more decor… in like two years 😉
Project #2 is decor for our bedroom.
Yeah, I’m still working on our master bedroom overhaul. For this project, I bought a mirror, picture ledge, hanging basket (which now holds dog treats to bribe Mavis into her crate when we leave), and two teal throw pillows.
I like the decor we added to our bedroom, but I definitely want to add more. Maybe a few more pillows (Sorry, Jimmy! He’s so sick of moving pillows off the bed every night, haha) and either a bench at the foot of the bed or a little accent chair near the mirror/shelf/basket. We’ll see!
Have you worked on any projects lately?
1. Garage nights with Jimmy. We’ve both been working on some projects a few nights a week in our garage and I so cherish that time we spend together painting, sanding, sawing, and creating. I’ll share what we’ve been working on soon! Completing projects together reminds me of the time right before we got married, when Jimmy helped me make a shoe shine box for my dad. Good memories 🙂
2. Indy. My sister’s puppy, Indy is so sweet. Hannah, Indy, and I spent the day together this past week and it was such a sweet day of laughter, pet sitting, and catching up. Hannah and I filmed a vlog that day, too, if anyone wants to see Indy in action! He got along so well with Lola and the dogs I pet sat. He’s a good boy 🙂
3. Baking Projects. I’m on to my next baking project! I’m making Princess Leia cupcakes for Leia’s first birthday party! I can’t believe she’s going to be a year old already. Time flies when you’re having fun 🙂
4. Gardening. Jimmy and I both agreed that our zucchini is the biggest it has ever been before. I think it’s from all the rain we’ve been getting here in Pittsburgh this summer. It’s kind of hard to tell in the picture, but the zucchini plant is up to my waist! Crazy, but we are loving it. Something else we’re loving? The landscaping fabric we put down in the garden this year. We have done zero hours of weeding and it is glorious!
5. Pet sitting. I think I’ve mentioned pet sitting in every one of my posts for the past couple of years, ha. Business is busy and fun and challenging. When I was a child, it was my biggest and wildest dream to be able to work with animals one day. Now, I’m with animals all day, every day. I know a lot of people probably think it’s silly that I’m pretty much living out my career dream by pet sitting, but that’s just who God made me to be 🙂
What has been making you smile lately?