2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
2 large eggs
1 cup dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate, cut into small chunks
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter forms browned specks on the bottom of the pan. Pour butter into a large bowl and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
3. Add sugars and peppermint extract to butter and beat on medium speed with a hand mixer until combined. Add eggs, one at a time and mix on medium speed until well blended.
4. Slowly stir in flour mixture with a large spoon. Add chocolate chips or chunks and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake 9 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Cool on cookie sheet for two minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!