1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease an 8×10 glass dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine the honey, egg, oil, and milk.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until just combined.
5. Pour into glass dish and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This is definitely an easy one to add to a dinner plan to make it a meal, especially good with soup! I like the way you added nutrition with the whole wheat pastry flour, white whole wheat flour works, too.
Thanks! It’s one of my favorite recipes 🙂
Would these work in muffin form? Love how simple it looks!
Hi Cara! Yes, they would as long as you adjust the baking time to 10-15 minutes or so! I also have a specific corn muffin recipe here: https://livingmyfulllife.com/recipes/breads-and-muffins/corn-muffins/
Thanks for your comment!
Awesome! Thanks so much.
You’re very welcome!