2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon lemon extract
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease muffin tin or line with baking cups.
2. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine egg and milk with lemon juice and set aside for few minutes.
4. Whisk in oil, syrup, and lemon extract.
5. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
6. Fold in poppy seeds.
7. Pour batter into muffin tin and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
8. Cool completely in pan on a baking rack.