1 cup bread flour
1 1/4 cup cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk flours, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fully combined.
3. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
7. Drop tablespoon-sized balls of dough about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets and baking for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are golden but still soft.
8. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool and enjoy!