2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4″ cubes
8 cups vegetable broth
1 cup brown lentils
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large soup pot. Add onion saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger and cook for 2 more minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt.
3. Saute for 3 minutes, until all ingredients are combined.
4. Add sweet potatoes, broth, and lentils and bring to a boil over high heat.
5. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until the lentils and sweet potatoes are soft.