Let’s talk about faith! I am a Christian, and I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He died to save us (everyone in the world) from our sins.
What God has done for us:
God loves humankind (John 3:16), sent his Son to be the Savior of the world (Luke 19:10), sent the Holy Spirit as a guide (2 Timothy 1:14), gave us the Gospel so we could learn about salvation (Romans 1:16), and provided atonement by the blood of Christ (Romans 5:9).
I don’t follow rules made up by my church or a man; I practice what the Bible teaches. The Bible teaches that the Church (and there is only one–the Church established by Christ, the Church of Christ) has two main purposes: to save those who are lost, and to present every person complete in Christ.
God’s plan of salvation in the Bible:
1. Hear the Gospel (Romans 10:17; John 8:32).
2. Believe the Gospel (Hebrews 11:16; John 20:31).
3. Repent of past sins (Luke 13:3; Acts 17:30).
4. Confess Jesus Christ as Lord (Romans 10:9-10; Matthew 10:32).
5. Be Baptized into Christ for the forgiveness of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 3:27; Romans 6:3-4; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38) Baptism is where we meet the blood of Christ.
6. Be faithful unto death (Revelation 2:10; Matthew 6:33).
The Bible teaches that man has the free will choice to live the life he chooses. One can decide to follow God and obey what He has commanded or follow the desires of this world. One who hears the Gospel, believes in Jesus Christ, repents of their sins, confesses Christ as Lord, and is baptized into Christ is a Christian. If he/she is faithful until death, then scripture tells us in Romans 2:10 that he/she will receive the crown of life!
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or send me an email at allie (at) southboundenterprises (dot) com!