1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple
1 pound ground turkey
2 cups brown rice, uncooked
3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Drain 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, reserving remaining pineapple and juice for sauce.
2. Combine ground turkey, rice, 1/2 cup drained pineapple, 1/2 cup green onions, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, egg, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl, mixing well.
3. Scoop mixture and gently roll into desired meatball size; place on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet with sides. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are done.
4. To make sauce, combine remaining pineapple and juice, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and orange marmalade in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
5. Top cooked meatballs with sauce. Serve over hot cooked rice and additional green onions if desired.
Recipe source and credit