1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple
1 pound ground turkey
2 cups brown rice, uncooked
3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Drain 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, reserving remaining pineapple and juice for sauce.
2. Combine ground turkey, rice, 1/2 cup drained pineapple, 1/2 cup green onions, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, egg, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl, mixing well.
3. Scoop mixture and gently roll into desired meatball size; place on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet with sides. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are done.
4. To make sauce, combine remaining pineapple and juice, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and orange marmalade in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
5. Top cooked meatballs with sauce. Serve over hot cooked rice and additional green onions if desired.
Recipe source and credit
they sound delish! love the addition of pineapple and orange marmalade! I bet that makes them moist and sweet! 😀