It’s the most wonderful time of the year: gardening season!
We planted our annual garden on May 21st. This year, I started a few plants from seeds and transplanted them to the garden. The rest we bought at Lowes and planted as seedlings.
What’s in the garden this year:
- Cherry and yellow tomatoes
- Swiss chard
- Microgreens x2
- Green bell peppers
- Romaine lettuce
- Yellow squash x2
- Zucchini x2
- Cucumber x2
This is our first year planting watermelon and strawberries, so it will be fun to see how they turn out! I’ll do another update once we harvest our first fruits/veggies!
Did you plant a garden this year?
The title of this post pretty much sums up our Memorial Day weekend! We busted out of quarantine with a bang. Pittsburgh is currently in the “yellow phase” of reopening and it was wonderful to be able to see friends and family all weekend.
What we were up to over the weekend:
- Our friend who now lives in Wisconsin came over
- Attended two first birthday parties for my nieces
- Hung out with my cousins from New York who came down for the weekend
- Watched church online on Sunday
- Celebrated my brother-in-law and Jimmy’s birthday
- Played in our sprinkler with Sadie
- I gave Jimmy a haircut
- Jimmy and I had a fire in our fire pit
We were quite the busy bees this weekend. It was so strange/tough/great to go from not really doing anything or seeing anyone to doing something each day and seeing a bunch of people all at once. Has anyone else experienced that? We’re definitely living in strange times!
Okay, how about some photos?
Tell me about your weekend!