Kind of a weird title for a blog post, huh?! I was looking through the pictures on my phone and thinking about what I wanted to write about and it basically came down to cupcakes and bribes, haha.
On Friday, Jimmy and I attended our cousin Leia’s first birthday party. It was such a sweet evening with family and friends!
Since Leia’s name is well, Leia, her mom and dad did a Princess Leia theme for the party. Guess who got to make Princess Leia cupcakes 🙂
I also made chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream and strawberry and vanilla cupcakes with strawberry buttercream! It was fun to pipe rosettes again since I was so focused on them for my sister’s bridal shower a few months ago.
As for the bribing I mentioned, Jimmy and I were driving into church this morning and I looked down at my lap and had to laugh.
Jimmy and I have been teaching the preschool-aged kids on Sunday mornings this month and I usually reward (aka bribe) them with food if they listen to the lesson, answer questions correctly, and generally behave. Today’s treats were M&Ms and mini Oreos!
Well, I am off to take Lola on a quick walk, and then Jimmy and I are headed into evening church! Bye until next time 🙂
1. Garage nights with Jimmy. We’ve both been working on some projects a few nights a week in our garage and I so cherish that time we spend together painting, sanding, sawing, and creating. I’ll share what we’ve been working on soon! Completing projects together reminds me of the time right before we got married, when Jimmy helped me make a shoe shine box for my dad. Good memories 🙂
2. Indy. My sister’s puppy, Indy is so sweet. Hannah, Indy, and I spent the day together this past week and it was such a sweet day of laughter, pet sitting, and catching up. Hannah and I filmed a vlog that day, too, if anyone wants to see Indy in action! He got along so well with Lola and the dogs I pet sat. He’s a good boy 🙂
3. Baking Projects. I’m on to my next baking project! I’m making Princess Leia cupcakes for Leia’s first birthday party! I can’t believe she’s going to be a year old already. Time flies when you’re having fun 🙂
4. Gardening. Jimmy and I both agreed that our zucchini is the biggest it has ever been before. I think it’s from all the rain we’ve been getting here in Pittsburgh this summer. It’s kind of hard to tell in the picture, but the zucchini plant is up to my waist! Crazy, but we are loving it. Something else we’re loving? The landscaping fabric we put down in the garden this year. We have done zero hours of weeding and it is glorious!
5. Pet sitting. I think I’ve mentioned pet sitting in every one of my posts for the past couple of years, ha. Business is busy and fun and challenging. When I was a child, it was my biggest and wildest dream to be able to work with animals one day. Now, I’m with animals all day, every day. I know a lot of people probably think it’s silly that I’m pretty much living out my career dream by pet sitting, but that’s just who God made me to be 🙂
What has been making you smile lately?