Carli nominated me for the Liebster Award, a survey that helps bloggers get to one another better. Here are the rules (some of which I am deciding to break…):
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in the post.
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you
and tell the bloggers you nominated.
Thanks for the nomination, Carli!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I’m a morning person.
2. I don’t know how to do french braids.
3. Cornbread is one of my favorite foods.
4. I have never eaten pepperoni or potato salad. Not sure why?!
5. I had to have surgery to reconstruct my nose after a car accident in 2009.
6. I read my Bible and write in my journal every day.
7. If I wasn’t a journalism major, I would probably be doing something in the medical field.
8. I love wearing Crocs. Yeah…
9. I love baking more than cooking.
10. I wasn’t born in Pittsburgh.
11. I love to go ice skating.
11 Questions From Carli:
1. What’s the best piece of advice someone has ever given you? I don’t know!
2. What is your favorite dessert? Carrot cake.
3. In your opinion, what’s the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon? With my family + boy, doing something fun like going bowling or ice skating.
4. Name one quality you admire in other people. Independence.
5. What’s your biggest fear? Flying.
6. Do you have any hidden talents? I can lick my elbow..
7. What is your favorite vacation spot? The Outer Banks in North Carolina or St. Petersburg, Florida.
8. Would you rather live in the calm countryside, or a hustling bustling city? Countryside, for sure!
9. What is your favorite way to de-stress? Picking at the skin around my nails. Gross, right?
10. What was your first job (if you’ve had one)? Working in a pizza shop.
11. What is one lesson you learned the hard way? Always, always, ALWAYS wear your seat belt (See #5 in the first set of questions).
I feel like I haven’t posted any food pictures on my blog in ages. Crazy.
Here are some recent eats:
Peanut butter and jelly! Some of you may know that I’m a little bit obsessed with pb&j (This post may prove that).
Bible verse of the day: And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name.” Luke 1:46-47