As always, I have a random title for a blog post and it accurately sums up my life lately. First of all, thank you for all of the congrats on our big news! We are so excited and thankful ❤️
Okay, let’s talk about a cow cake! My friend from church asked me to make a western/cow-themed cake for her son’s third birthday party and here’s how it came out.
It was definitely one of the most fun cakes I’ve made! I did a four-layer chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream, black fondant cow spots, and chocolate fondant rope.
We had another Bible study at our house on Friday night and we boarded Niva that evening so she wasn’t stealing everyone’s food. I picked her up on Saturday and she stunk! I don’t know if she let other dogs pee on her or if she laid in her own pee but it was bad, lol.
So, off we went to the pet store to bathe her! She did really well (no howling!), and we all had fun scrubbing her clean.
Aaaand now onto some recent obsessions:
- Korean food. It’s definitely a weekly thing for us and I’m not mad about it.
- Peanut butter. I’m always obsessed, but I ordered from Peanut Butter & Co. and am loving it.
- Sparkling water. It’s the only thing that settles my stomach lately with morning sickness.
- Honey Nut Cheerios. I usually have a big bowl of like five or six kinds of cereal each night but definitely can’t stomach that lately. Enter: simple ‘ol Cheerios with blueberries and sliced bananas. Sorry all of my obsessions so far have been food/drink related 😂
- Reading the Resurrection story. I like to spend some extra time in my Bible reading the story of Jesus’ death and resurrection each year before Resurrection Sunday (also known as Easter).
- Family birthdays. There are so many birthdays in our family in the next couple of months. I’m so excited to celebrate everyone and pick out special gifts ❤️
- Spring(ish) weather. Spring is here… kind of. It’s rainy and sometimes we see the sun and it’s warm. I took Sadie to the park and she followed around a flock of geese for at least 20 minutes straight 😂
Niva looked like she enjoyed the bath!
Cereal mixing used to be a favorite of mine! I haven’t done that in ages, though. In fact… I couldn’t even tell you the last time I had cereal. You have me craving some now! 🙂
Niva was probably relieved to go get a bath! Looks like it was entertaining for Sadie too.