1. My Boys. Malcolm is definitely a daddy’s boy. He loves Jimmy (and vice versa!) and basically any time I see Jimmy around the house, Malcolm is in his arms. So sweet.
2. Awesome clients. One of my pet sitting clients surprised me with chocolate covered pretzels the other day! Sometimes pet sitting is tough work (gotta love picking up dog poop in below freezing temperatures over and over again haha) but the relationships I’ve established with my clients and their pets makes it all worth it a million times over. And some good chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt 😉
3. Dog sweaters. Tis the season for cold weather, and for my family that means dog sweaters! I bought Lola a sweater last year, but it ended up being a crop top (LOL), so I gave it to my parents and I’m happy to report if fits their cocker spaniel, Brandy. I also bought Mavis a sweater so she can stay warm while we pet sit together. Now I just need to get Lola one that fits her!
4. A new cereal addiction. First it was pumpkin spice cheerios, then cinnamon puffins, then cocoa bunnies. Now I’m onto pumpkin spice life. What’s your favorite cereal?
5. Mavis when she first wakes up. She looks exactly like I do when I wake up before 7:00 am!
What are you loving lately?
I can’t believe Mavis is halfway through her first year of life! She’s growing so fast and it feels like she’s been a part of our family forever.
- Mavis passed her AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test and graduated from Puppy Level II! She starts her adult training classes to work towards earning her Canine Good Citizen title next week!
- The brown spots of her fur are looking a little lighter as she’s getting older.
- She can now jump into my truck! She has only done it twice, but I’m proud of her nonetheless 😉
- She’s currently having her first sleepover at her my parents’ for a few nights (Jimmy and I are having a staycation!).
- She continues to solve food puzzles like a champ, and it’s so neat to watch her figure them out.
- She is getting better about being held and touched, and is way less fearful of other dogs. She did great with my siblings and parents’ dogs on Thanksgiving!
Mavis after her AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test and graduation from Puppy II classes!
- Chasing a laser. It’s hilarious to watch her run after it because she tries to grab it with her paws, haha.
- Whimzees dental treats. These take her forever to chew and have been a lifesaver in keeping her busy when she’s being naughty.
- Mavis is now in the adolescence stage of puppyhood and can really test our patience! She will act like she doesn’t know certain commands, or will bark at us for attention. The key has been to be very patient and make sure she gets a lot of exercise each day.
- She and Malcolm get into trouble together!
- She continues to pet sit with me (we walked six dogs together today!) and is my little working buddy.
- She adores Lola and always wants to be with her.
I think that’s everything for Mavis’ six month update! She’s just a little ray of sunshine in our lives and we are absolutely loving her!