This recipe is super easy and delicious. It can be made vegetarian or vegan by using a vegetable-based condensed soup, soy milk, and by using lentils instead of chicken.
Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
1 16oz bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
4 chicken breasts (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
2 cans (10 3/4 oz) Campbell’s condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425* and grease a 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, until thoroughly mixed. Pour into glass dish.
3. For the biscuits, stir together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Combine oil and milk in a measuring cup. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring just until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Drop the biscuit dough by spoonfuls onto the pot pie.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!
Funny picture of the day:
Jimmy and I went to Cabela’s in West Virginia over the weekend. Basically, Cabela’s is a store that sells outdoors equipment and clothing for sports like hunting and fishing. The store has hundreds of taxidermied animals all over the store, including a whole section of taxidermied deer.
We saw deer in every position: standing, jumping, laying, sitting, etc.
I think this position was my favorite though…A deer scratching its head. Really?! That made me laugh so hard.