I love a good sloppy joe. My favorite kind is the type that is tangy and saucy, and well, sloppy! A few years ago, I learned how to make my own sloppy joe sauce and haven’t looked back since.
Being able to make homemade sloppy joe sauce saves me a trip to the grocery store when I have a pound of ground beef and no idea what to make for dinner. I’ve tweaked my recipe over the years, and now I’m ready to share it!
1 pound ground beef or turkey
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
4 hamburger buns
1. Combine the ketchup, apple cider vinegar worcestershire sauce, honey, and mustard in a bowl and whisk until a smooth sauce forms. Set aside.
2. Brown the meat in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Drain the meat in a strainer and add back to skillet.
4. Stir in sauce and simmer for about five minutes, or until thickened.
5. Place a large spoonful of the sloppy joe mixture on a bun and enjoy.
I used to make granola on a weekly basis, and then I sort of fell out of the habit. Every time I get back into it, I always ask myself why I stopped! It’s perfect on its own, in a trail mix, stirred into yogurt, or with a bowl of milk.
I have a few favorite granola recipes, and today I want to share a new one. It’s banana nut granola, and I can’t get enough of it! There’s something about the combination of bananas and nuts that is so delicious 🙂
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup nuts, chopped (use any kind you like!)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ripe banana, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the oats, nuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and banana. Microwave for 30 seconds and whisk until completely combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until combined.
5. Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheets and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The granola is done when it is golden brown.
5. Remove granola from the oven and cool completely. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!