Hey hey! I know the weekend isn’t ~technically~ over yet, but I wanted to share all the fun we’ve been up to. How is your weekend going? I want to hear about it in the comments!
Some things we’ve been up to:
- I got a facial on Thursday (thank you to my mom and dad for the gift card 😍) and it was glorious.
- Sadie and Jimmy dropped me off at the hospital for my first IV iron infusion of this pregnancy on Friday afternoon and Sader Tot hung out at Jimmy’s work for a bit.
- We had a family date at the trail/creek/dog park/ice cream shop on Friday night.
- Jimmy’s mom watched Sadie on Saturday morning while he worked on a Fourth of July float for the parade our church is in and I went to a used book sale *swoon* 😂
- I experimented with a new recipe for keto brownies. Jimmy’s step-dad follows a keto diet, so he’s been my taste-tester!
- We went to Hobby Lobby to pick up crafts for Vacation Bible School at church this week.
How about some pictures of all of this fun?!
I put Sadie to bed on Thursday night and Jimmy checked on us on the baby monitor in Sadie’s room and found her singing me to sleep while we held hands 💜
Sadie hanging out at Jimmy’s work! His brother (who works with him) made Sadie a cardboard dragon cut-out complete with a sword. I heard there was an epic battle 😛
Puzzle time with my favorite girl! She’s had this particular (inexpensive!) wooden puzzle since Christmas and we really enjoy pulling it out now and then. I like that it sparks creativity because you can create different objects with the pieces 🥰
Sadie let me give her a manicure! I whipped out my sugar scrub, used all my nail care tools, and she picked a polish. She was beyond excited to show Jimmy her sparkly nails. Having so much fun with her at this age and stage ❤️
One IV iron infusion down, four more to go! So thankful for help from Jimmy with Sadie while I have to go to the hospital get these treatments. For my last pregnancy, we went to the infusions together. This time, I just brought along a book to pass the time by myself!
Post-infusions snuggles! I was wiped out 😴
Our favorite spot: the creek! Sadie and Jimmy were playing in the water while I let Niva sniff around. Niva walked in the water a little, but she’s definitely not super into it… she would rather be running full speed towards a rabbit or bird 😆
Picked up this collection of Clifford stories for my niece at the used book sale on Saturday because she’s a huge Clifford fan! If only I could find a Sonic the Hedgehog book like that for Sader Tot 😂
Experimenting with keto brownies for Jimmy’s step-dad to test out! They had two different types of cocoa, dark chocolate, and almond flour. Love playing in the kitchen 😊
Sader Tot fell asleep on our way to Hobby Lobby while eating a cake pop. Too cute!
It’s Sunday afternoon as I type up this post. We just went to church and will be heading back this evening to start a couple of days of Vacation Bible School with all the kids! I’m in charge of crafts for the elementary aged-kids and I’m super excited 😬