June 28th, 2022
We are officially past the halfway point in the pregnancy. It feels like it’s flying by! At the same time, November also feels eons away. It’s a weird thing! Our anatomy scan went well. Baby boy is doing great and it was so lovely to see him kicking and rolling around!
Second Trimester Notes:
–> I’m often out of breath after walking up stairs or doing simple things like shooting my bow and arrow.
–> I could always go for a nap!
–> Baby has been kicking, but sometimes he doesn’t and it freaks me out.
–> Sleeping is meh. I just want to lay on my stomach and back 😂
–> I pee a million times a day.
–> I just started having nighttime calf cramps and I forgot how wicked those are!
–> Sadie recently rubbed and kissed my belly and said “I love you, please come out and play” to the baby ❤️
–> By the end of the day my belly feels stretched the the limit… and I still have a long ways to go 😆
–> I get teary/weepy pretty easily. Thankfully Jimmy and Sadie are very loving and understanding!
The further I progress in this pregnancy the more I feel the delicate balance between doubts and excitement. The best way for me to process things is to write them out, so here I am to overshare my inner thought life. As usual 😜
Doubts and fears I feel with welcoming a second child:
- I often feel like a “bad mom” to Sadie. Will I feel that doubly with two children?
- Will I bond with my son like I bond with Sadie? Will it be a different bond?
- Our family life feels so busy and crazy sometimes. How are we going to do this with another child in the mix?!
- Will Sadie resent us for upturning her world?
- How will breastfeeding go? How will the birth go?
- How will Jimmy and I find time to dedicate to our relationship?
- Will I ever have a few minutes to myself again for the next few years?
- I’m dreading sleep deprivation again!
- We’re having a baby again. Babies are hard!
Things I’m looking forward to with welcoming a second child:
- We’re having a baby again! I love babies ❤️
- Actually meeting our son. What will his personality be like? What will he look like?
- Seeing the siblings bond with each other.
- Seeing Jimmy bond with his son!
- Being a family of four.
- Seeing Sadie be a big sister.
- Doing sign language to communicate again.
- Doing things differently based on what I’ve learned with Sader Tot.
- Having a son.
I know, there’s a lot going on in my brain! I also know that God has everything under control. He knows how the next 20+ weeks will unfold. He already knows our son because He created him. God has got it all in His capable hands. When my brain starts to swirl with worries and doubts, I remind myself of that. And then I try to take a nap 😉