Jimmy and I celebrated five years together on October 3rd. I’m feeling extremely blessed and thankful!
Hey there! I promised to share the pretzel chicken recipe I mentioned in my last post.
2 cups coarsely chopped pretzels
12 chicken tenders (about 1 lb.), halved crosswise
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Place the crushed pretzels on a large plate. Set a rack in a rimmed baking sheet. Thread a piece of chicken onto a 6-inch skewer. Repeat with 23 more skewers. Brush the chicken all over with 1/4 cup mustard. Roll each chicken skewer in the crushed pretzels to coat. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
2. Bake the chicken skewers until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir the honey into the remaining 1/4 cup mustard and serve on the side, for dipping.
I also created a doggie meal for Lola on Saturday! It’s really simple and only requires three ingredients that most people have in their kitchen.
2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1. Cut carrots into small pieces. Place potatoes and carrots into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 8 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and cool the mixture until room temperature.
2. Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk. Microwave for 30 seconds, and stir to mix. Microwave for another 30 seconds, or until eggs are set. Cool until room temperature.
3. Combine potatoes, carrots in eggs, and serve!
#1. My brother moved back to Pittsburgh and is getting married in July!
My older brother was living and working in State College, PA and moved back to Pittsburgh about a week ago. He bought a duplex in a suburb outside of Pittsburgh, and is getting married in July. He’s also going to begin working with my parents for our family’s real estate business. So now, instead of living two hours away, he now lives about 15 minutes away from my family! I am so happy to have him back home again.
#2. I’m doing my internship.
I’m not going to go too in depth about my internship until it’s over, but I’m writing, researching, and editing for 30 hours a week. It’s challenging, but I like it and the experience I’m gaining in the writing field. I’m learning a lot! I’m also learning that it stinks to work 30 hours a week for free ;-). I’m still teaching spinning, so life has been busy lately!
#3. My family is vacationing in the Outer Banks again this summer!
I’m so excited to spend a week in North Carolina again soon! Growing up, my family didn’t go on a vacation every summer, so it’s definitely a blessing to be able to go now! I really appreciate it.
Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Where do you like to go on vacation?!