Hey hey! I feel so behind on all things blog-related. I’m here now, and ready to discuss some random things, as always.
1. A date! I think it was a weekend or two ago that Jimmy and I went to Trax Farms here in Pittsburgh for a little afternoon date and it was lovely. Yes, our idea of a date is going to a farm store 🙂
Speaking of Jimmy and I, our wedding anniversary is tomorrow! I can’t believe we’ve been married four years now. It feels like just yesterday we were walking down the aisle, taking pictures, dancing at our reception, going on our honeymoon, and settling into our new life together. Now we have a menagerie of animals and have been blessed with a sweet little girl on the way. I can’t say it enough: God. Is. Good.
2. Speaking of our pets… Malcolm turned two in May, and Mavis and Lola each turn 12 this month: 12 months for Mavis and 12 years for Lola!
Lola, Malcolm, and Mavis keep us busy and make our hearts full. We’re constantly laughing (and sometimes crying…) because of these three musketeers. Also of note, Mavis finally went into heat! I’ll probably post more about it in a 12 month update for her!
3. Swimming. Guys, I went swimming for the first time in like three years! Long-time readers will probably remember that I was a competitive swimmer growing up, and then swam for fun at the gym during college and for a year or two after. I finally got back in the pool last week and it felt amazing, aside from all the huffing and puffing I did 😉
4. Granola. I made some banana bread granola for our neighbors as a thank you for a baby outfit they gave us and I thought I’d share the recipe. It’s a keeper! When I first posted the recipe, I called it banana nut granola, but I think banana bread granola better suits it.
I also have a great chocolate granola recipe and peanut butter granola recipe. I thought I had a few more granola recipes here on the blog, but they’re currently living in my homemade cookbook. I’ll have to post about them soon! Some of the flavors are coconut almond, cranberry orange, and oatmeal raisin. Now I want a bowl of granola with milk.
5. A thank you. Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post! Everyone had such great input and I’m glad I decided to post about the tough stuff we had been going through. You guys rock 🙂
Now I want some of your granola too!! Coconut almond is my fave 🙂
I love all of your pets ~ they’re personalities are all TOTALLY different and unique.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY (tomorrow)
I remember you always liked the coconut almond granola when I would make it! I’ll have to make you more! You’re so right about each of our pets personalities being super different! It’s pretty neat 🙂
Thank you for the anniversary and birthday wishes! I love you! ❤
Four years?!? Wow, how is that possible? I remember reading all about your wedding updates… and now you’re posting about baby bump updates. God is SO good!! 🙂 Happy anniversary to an amazing couple.
I love that first pic. When I first looked at it quickly, I thought that maybe you were walking through a vineyard. Ha, ha. So many colors! Nate and I definitely have the same types of dates. We’ve done Home Depot, walks through Target, and we even love going to furniture stores just to window shop. 🙂
It’s crazy, right?! Time flies when you’re having fun!! God has been so, so good to us! Thank you for the anniversary wishes!
I like your dates with Nate! It sounds like we would get right along with you two for a double date haha!!
Yes, definitely!! If you’re ever in the New England area… 🙂
Love the picture of Mavis laying on Lola!
Love 💕 you!
Lola is so patient with her!! And sweet 🙂
Love you! ❤
Congrats on the anniversary and animal birthdays! So funny that two of them are at 12-point mark!
Thank you, P! We couldn’t have planned their birthdays like that is we tried! So funny!
I’ve been wanting to get back into making granola. I’ll have to check those recipes out!
Happy anniversary 🙂
I hope you like them if you give them a try! I think the banana nut/banana bread flavor is my personal favorite!
Thank you for the anniversary wishes! ❤
I remember your swim days!
Married life dates are so different. I remember when Clay tried to impress me on dates. Now, we wind up going to Lowe’s and out somewhere to eat, often with a gift card or to a relatively inexpensive local restaurant. But I like simple better… when you are with the one you love, it doesn’t matter if you’re at the most expensive steakhouse in town or at a diner, you can have a great time :).
I’m glad someone has been around long enough to remember those days, haha!!
You’re so right about married life dates! I think they’re different in the best ways! They’re real and fun and simple and special in that way 🙂
I can’t believe it has been so long since you went swimming! I’m so glad you got to go and enjoyed it so much! Also, all of those granola recipes sound awesome! I am needing some of that in my life haha!
Happy anniversary to you two! What an amazing time it has been since that wedding day!
I can’t believe it either! I’m glad to be back, though! Even if I’ve only gone twice now, haha.
Thank you for the anniversary wishes!! ❤