It has been a little while since I last wrote a Sunday Coffee Date post! So, here we are. I’m sharing all the things I’d talk about if we were having coffee together! Grab your favorite drink and join me 😊
It’s no secret I love memory keeping. From blogging for the past ten years to scrapbooking and taking a million pictures. I like to look back and remember things 🙂
Five years ago, I started a One Line A Day Journal and filled it out every. single. day. for five years!
That little journal took me from 2015 to 2020 and is bursting at the seams with stickers, memories, hard moments, happy times, and everything in between.
Any time Jimmy and I would wonder what we did on, say, Valentine’s Day for the past five years, I would just flip to the date and be able to read what we were up to.
I thought it would be fun to go thorough and share some notes from the past five years.
- December 14th, 2015 – First entry! Jimmy and I celebrated 1.5 years of marriage and it was 60 degrees and rainy.
- September 9th, 2016 – I worked (I was a household manager for a busy family) and then in the evening we adopted Malcolm!
- July 15th, 2017 – Pet sat a few dogs and cats, mowed the lawn, and fell asleep on the couch in the evening. Jimmy woke me up by using Malcolm’s laser to get him to jump on me, lol.
- January 9th, 2018 – Found out we were expecting Sadie! Pet sat, took a nap, and bought decaf coffee at the store.
- June 2nd, 2019 – Went to church, took a family walk, and Sadie crawled!
- January 27th, 2020 – Worked, went on a Starbucks date with Sadie, and did a swab kit to join a bone marrow donor program.
It was fun to flip through the journal and remember some everyday moments, special days, and more! I don’t plan on doing another One Line A Day Journal, but I did just start a 100 day gratitude journal 🙂
The potential snow storm I mentioned the other day did not disappoint!
We got somewhere between 8-10 inches of snow over the course of the day and night and it was so much fun to pull Sadie in her sled on the streets.
Jimmy built Sadie a snowman and… she was terrified of it, lol.
Niva has been in heaven with all of the snow. I’m pretty sure she’s spent more time outside than inside the past couple of days and every time I check on her I see her prancing around, rolling in the snow, and generally looking really happy. It’s adorable!