It’s no secret I love memory keeping. From blogging for the past ten years to scrapbooking and taking a million pictures. I like to look back and remember things 🙂
Five years ago, I started a One Line A Day Journal and filled it out every. single. day. for five years!
That little journal took me from 2015 to 2020 and is bursting at the seams with stickers, memories, hard moments, happy times, and everything in between.
Any time Jimmy and I would wonder what we did on, say, Valentine’s Day for the past five years, I would just flip to the date and be able to read what we were up to.
I thought it would be fun to go thorough and share some notes from the past five years.
- December 14th, 2015 – First entry! Jimmy and I celebrated 1.5 years of marriage and it was 60 degrees and rainy.
- September 9th, 2016 – I worked (I was a household manager for a busy family) and then in the evening we adopted Malcolm!
- July 15th, 2017 – Pet sat a few dogs and cats, mowed the lawn, and fell asleep on the couch in the evening. Jimmy woke me up by using Malcolm’s laser to get him to jump on me, lol.
- January 9th, 2018 – Found out we were expecting Sadie! Pet sat, took a nap, and bought decaf coffee at the store.
- June 2nd, 2019 – Went to church, took a family walk, and Sadie crawled!
- January 27th, 2020 – Worked, went on a Starbucks date with Sadie, and did a swab kit to join a bone marrow donor program.
It was fun to flip through the journal and remember some everyday moments, special days, and more! I don’t plan on doing another One Line A Day Journal, but I did just start a 100 day gratitude journal 🙂
The potential snow storm I mentioned the other day did not disappoint!
We got somewhere between 8-10 inches of snow over the course of the day and night and it was so much fun to pull Sadie in her sled on the streets.
Jimmy built Sadie a snowman and… she was terrified of it, lol.
Niva has been in heaven with all of the snow. I’m pretty sure she’s spent more time outside than inside the past couple of days and every time I check on her I see her prancing around, rolling in the snow, and generally looking really happy. It’s adorable!
How cool five years straight!
The Zottola household, again, having to much fun. Haha!
It was so much fun to fill out each day and even more fun to look back on! I love you! ❤
I think it’s amazing that you stuck with the one-line-a-day journal for five years! I’m halfway through one right now (started it 2.5 years ago) and it has been so fun looking back on dates. What a treasure that is!
Hooray for so much snow! Sounds like Niva is living it up right now! 🙂
Once you get in the groove it becomes routine, as I’m sure you know 2.5 years into your one line a day journal! It’s so rewarding to look back on all of the memories 🙂
And yes, Niva is straight up living it up!
Such a cool idea! I might start doing that for memories of my daughter
Thanks, Shelly! I think you would love looking back at all the memories with Gabby!
I would love some snow, but the temperature today was 12 degrees (53 F), which is mild for December!
I admire your persistence in keeping your journal for five years. I’m sure I’d end up forgetting days but I guess it becomes a habit if you write in it every day.
Glad you’re all having fun in the snow 🙂
Wow, that is pretty mild! I hope you guys get some snow this month! It always feels more festive with a little snow 🙂
You’re right–the journal became a habit!
Thank you, Veena! 🙂