I’ve been blessed with a couple of hours to myself this afternoon! Jimmy had a training at our church and I had to pet sit, so my mom is watching Sadie girl for a bit. I am so thankful for her willingness to help out ❤
Speaking of Sadie, my mom reported she is having a blast with her cousin and the bubble machine my parents have, lol.
Since I have some time, I thought I would share some thoughts that have been swirling around in my head lately!
1. I can’t make this stuff up. Sadie and I were hanging out in her room the other day and I heard Malcolm and Niva playing in our bathtub but thought nothing of it because they play in there all the time. A few minutes later, there was a huge crashing noise in the other room and Sadie and I found this scene.
Niva and Malcolm somehow pulled down our shower curtain, shower curtain liner, and the whole entire curtain rod and pulled it across our living room. I can’t even make this stuff up! I live in a zoo 😉
2. Hearing and face masks. I don’t talk about my hearing loss a ton, because it’s pretty mild. I’ve been recommended and fitted for hearing aids by my audiologist, but insurance doesn’t cover the full price so I say “what?” a lot and pretty much have to be looking directly at someone when they’re talking to me. If there’s no background noise, I do really well. With COVID-19 and mask wearing, hearing what people are saying has become so hard. Everything sounds muffled more than it already does for me, lol.
3. Cute messes. Jimmy and I were getting dinner ready last night and Sadie was in our basement playing for quite a while. It was finally time for dinner and she still hadn’t come upstairs. I peeked down the steps (you know, the ones Malcolm got glass all over…) and saw that she pulled all of our shoes out of our shoe racks and lined them up.
She also somehow figured out how to climb the steps while wearing my size 9 (#bigfoot) Crocs. Impressive 😉
4. Potty training. Okay fellow parents who have potty trained their children, help! What age did you begin potty training and how did you start? We’ve been reading this book and even got Sadie a potty of her own, but can use any tips and advice!
5. Pet sitting. While I don’t pet sit nearly as much as I used to, I love seeing Haley. She was one of my first petting sitting clients. She did well with Lola and saw me through the end of college, starting pet sitting full time, bringing home Malcolm, Mavis, Sadie, and Niva. Needless to say, we have a special bond that I cherish ❤
6. Nails. I used nail wraps (which are basically nail polish stickers) the other day and have been really impressed with them. They look legit and have held up well. I don’t think they’re affordable enough to use regularly, so I want to know: do you paint your nails often? What is your favorite nail polish?
I go through phases of painting my nails and taking great care of them… and then sometimes I ignore them for a few months. My favorite nail polish brand is China Glaze and good ol’ Sally Hansen, but I’m always open to trying different brands!
If you find out how to potty train, please let me know! My 2 year old is giving me such a hard time….
Hahah I definitely will! I have a feeling it’s going to be quite the journey! Do you have any tips?!
*sigh* no tips unfortunately
I had sooo much fun with Caroline and Sadie ~ it didn’t hurt that they both napped at the same time either ✔️✔️
I can’t believe the shower curtain ordeal- your pets never cease to amaze me anymore.
Sadie lining up the shoes is so adorable a and is a sign of intelligence!!
I’m so glad you got to spend time with your precious buddy Halie.
Hahaha, so glad they napped at the same time! The shower curtain ordeal was wacko. I don’t even know how this stuff happens! It’s just chaos.
Oh friend, the face masks make it hard for me to hear what people are saying even without hearing loss. I can only imagine how difficult this must be! What strange times we are living in!
Ah, I love that Sadie is lining things up and organizing! A kid after my own heart. 😉
I’ll send you a text about potty training things!
Also, I tried Color Street nail wraps (thanks to Nicole’s suggestion) and they are so great! I started using them last year and while I don’t do my nails often I LOVE using these for when I do. They are actual nail polish and last such a long time!
Times really are so strange! Do you have any tips for getting kids to wear masks?!
Seeing Sadie organize the shoes made me smile so big! Thank you for the potty training text! That was so encouraging 🙂
I will look into the Color Street nail wraps!!
LOL-at least you live in a very cute and clean zoo, hehe! Awww that’s adorable with Sadie lining up the shoes- and wearing yours- truly impressive! Haley is soo sweet ❤ How special she has been there with you through the family growing too 🙂 Thanks for sharing, Allie!