I can still remember blogging about how excited I was for 2014 to start. I had good reason to be excited, because it involved a lot of big changes in my life.
Some things that happened in 2014:
–My bridal shower
–Got through statistics
–Completed an internship at a law office
–Got two puppies and then gave them back to the breeder (I still miss Ford and Scout so much!)
–Hosted Thanksgiving and celebrated Christmas
–Graduated from Penn State
–Read lots of books and baked as much as possible
2014 was a truly beautiful year for me. It was challenging (school/wedding planning/house hunting/puppies), and astoundingly blessed. I feel like my life has changed so much since this time last year. God worked in me in a lot of different ways during 2014, and He blessed me beyond anything I could have ever dreamed. It was definitely the best year of my life.
Looking towards 2015, I want to make it just as memorable by filling it with time spent with loved ones, serving God in any and every way possible, traveling adventures, and new experiences. I am excited to see and experience all that 2015 has in store!
Last year, I made some goals, and I want to look back and see how I did…
1. Stop expecting perfection from myself. I did okay with this, but struggled a bit when Jimmy and I gave back Ford and Scout.
2. Bake more difficult recipes. Yes! Loved every second of this goal.
3. Travel with Jimmy. We went on our honeymoon, and that’s about it aside from a day trip to West Virginia.
4. Read 50 books. I read 36 books in 2014.
1. Read the Old Testament. Nope. Once Jimmy and I got married, we started doing a different Bible study, so I stopped reading the OT straight through.
2. Trust God. This was tough for me with the house hunting process. I could have done much better at this goal.
1. Run in some road races. I ran a 5k with Hannah and I think that’s it, haha.
2. Try running with Brandy or Moses (my siblings’ dogs). Nope. Womp womp.
It’s weird to think that even though I didn’t achieve a lot of my goals for the year, I still had the best year of my life. I’m cool with that 🙂
1. Get organized. I want to get back into meal planning and organize our basement.
2. Write. I want to write as much as possible by journaling, blogging, writing letters, freelancing, etc.
3. Take care of my nails. I pick at my cuticles until they bleed. Must. stop. doing. that. I figure that if I paint my nails regularly, I’ll be less likely to pick at them.
1. Travel as much as possible. I don’t care where I go, I just want to travel as much as I can!
2. Plant a garden. From what I’ve heard, the previous owners of our home had an incredible garden and composted a ton. Now the garden area is full of weeds. I know it has potential, though!
3. Decorate a room in our house. I am terrible with decorating. I want to decorate at least one room this year. I’m pathetic, I know.
4. Read 50 books. I’ve been trying to do this every year since 2011, haha.
1. Read the Bible again. Jimmy and I have started reading our chronological Bible together, and are hoping to finish the whole thing in 2015.
2. Re-read The Purpose Driven Life. This will be the third time. I love that book.