Hello! I haven’t posted a life lately post since June, so I thought it would be fun to share everything going on in my neck of the woods.
First and foremost, happy December! I love this month. It’s bustling and joyful and special. With that said, it can also be incredibly overwhelming. Something I especially try to focus on in the month of December is keeping my priorities straight.
Christmas is all about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. Period. There are celebrations, gatherings, people to see, cards to send, and things to do. The one thing I want to keep at the forefront of my mind and life is Christ.
Making time each day to read my Bible and have quiet time with God is an absolute priority. After that, I can truly have perspective on this season. I can then serve and give and truly value the relationships I have with loved ones. Basically, giving myself room to breathe and find joy in this season is all about knowing what I value and keeping my priorities straight.
Okay, onto life lately! I’m going to share a few bullet points and pictures to keep things simple 🙂
- There was a bird inside one of my pet sitting client’s houses and I had to call Jimmy to come over and trap it. He got it into a cardboard box and set it free. He’s the best.
- This week is a busy one for me at my regular job because the family is having a Christmas party on Saturday. Lots of extra cleaning, food prep, and more. I am beyond thankful to have a job I love. It’s unconventional, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Seven of Hannah’s 10 (!!) bridesmaids went dress shopping a few days after Thanksgiving. She let everyone choose their own dress and we are all going to wear the same shade of purple. Hannah is so relaxed about her upcoming wedding!
- My parents took Jimmy and I furniture shopping last weekend. They’re awesome and some of the most generous people I know.
- My father-in-law and his girlfriend came over last Friday night to watch Gold Rush and have dinner. My FIL was so excited and even ordered ribs from a local BBQ place to bring over. It was such a sweet evening.
How about some pictures?