Okay, I’ve got a fun post for today: unpopular opinions. I’m going to share some of mine and hopefully I don’t make anybody too upset 😜 I want to hear your unpopular opinions in the comments!
1. I would rather eat vegetables than meat. Give me a grilled portobello mushroom over a steak any day. Sautéed swiss chard? Yum. Hamburger? Meh. This is probably why my iron is constantly low 😂
2. Birkenstocks are not for me. I feel like they’re expensive and not that cute?! I don’t even think they’re comfortable, either. I’ve tried them on and I just don’t get the appeal. Sorry if you’re a Birkenstock fan 🙈
3. I would rather take a shower than a bath. I haven’t taken a bath in 13 years. I only know that because the last time I took one was after a surgery and I felt awful from the anesthesia. I think it scarred me? Or maybe baths just feel gross? I don’t know, but I always appreciate a nice shower when I stay at a hotel or somewhere away from home.
4. I don’t understand road rage. If someone cuts me off, beeps at me, or generally flips out, I just go on my way and don’t react. It’s like ten seconds of my life. Who cares?! You will likely never see this person again, why be mean?
5. I don’t care for social media. I would much rather blog or read blogs. Or read a book. I have an instagram account for my Etsy shop, but I don’t *love* running it. Social media can feel like a time suck and just blah. I know it can be used for good, though!
6. I prefer silence over music while driving. I’m not super into music. If I’m driving, I pretty much never have anything on. If I’m alone, I may turn on a podcast, but that’s about it! I like the quiet 🙂
7. I’d rather be hot than cold. To me, being cold is the worst. I don’t even mind humidity with heat.
8. Hawaiian pizza is the bomb. I love it! Ham and pineapple on a pizza? Yes, please!
9. You couldn’t pay me to go to New York City. I’ve been there and it’s an introvert’s nightmare. It’s busy, crowded, and loud. Nope.
10. Rainy days are just as lovely as sunny days. I can appreciate and enjoy a rainy day just as much as a sunny day. Rainy days are cozy and can be used to get inside stuff done. Plus, there’s nothing like lighting a candle and reading a book while rain pitter-patters on the rooftop. Oh and rain boots? They’re one of my favorite types of footwear 😬
11. Pepsi is better than coke. Sorry, it just is!
12. Ketchup should be kept in the fridge. I feel like this is a heated one. I don’t care if I go somewhere and ketchup is room temperature, but we keep it in the fridge at the Zottola house 😏
What a fun idea for a post! 🙂 I read through the list and kept nodding in agreement. The only ones where I differ are numbers 6 and 8. Sometimes I like silence when I’m driving but I usually put a playlist or podcast on.
And with 8, I don’t eat meat so I’ve never tried Hawaiian pizza. But I do like pineapple in Thai massaman curry so maybe that counts as having pineapple in a savoury dish!
I guess one of my unpopular opinions is that I don’t like Coke. I tried it again recently and it just isn’t for me. Sprite is usually my soft drink of choice!
I LOVE THIS!!!
I agree with 2, 5, 9, 10 and 11. You knowwww I love to blare my music while driving- or walking, or weight training 🤣. Def rather have a steak than veggies (although the 2 together is my preference) I could never eat pineapple on a pizza 🤢 and I have road rage — a lot – not when Sadie is with me, I promise.
An unpopular opinion I have may be that I could easily be alone for a week straight and it wouldn’t bother me – at all. I’m such a weirdo
Bahaha I loved this. I am a DEVOUT Birkenstock wearer, but they have become the only shoe I can wear at work and do not leave with terrible back pain. The cork bed has an amazing shock absorbency. But hey, they aren’t for everyone and that’s ok!
I think ketchup also belongs in the fridge, as do all condiments. Pineapple on pizza is fantastic, as are potatoes, and it’s a ok to prefer veggies over meat! My mind prefers veggies, but my belly prefers meat (I don’t digest most veggies well anymore.)
My unpopular opinion is that I think politics should stay out of the work place. Entirely. Including at the corporate level trickling down to employees.
Fun post! No thanks to Hawaiian pizza or silence in the car but yes to veggies over meat and showers any day!
After reading this, I can see why I love your blog so much haha! I am so with you on points 1, 3,4,5,10,12. Pineapple on pizza, and ketchup in the fridge. Also, I gotta say bread too, depending on the bread. I don’t understand when people keep bread out and then get shocked when mold shows up? It’s gonna happen why are you surprised? Lol!
My unpopular opinion is that TikTok and IG SHOULD be banned (lol) and that Italy should not shut down for the entire month of August 🙃😂
I LOVED reading this!!! 🙂 So fun!
I actually agreed with many of them!! I do happen to love Instagram, but Facebook is so “eh” to me. I’m only on it to stay in touch with college friends, or else I wouldn’t bother. But I agree that blogs are much better. 🙂
Hmmm, I don’t doubt that I have an unpopular opinion, but I apparently need more coffee in my system to wake up and think about it. HA! So I’ll get back to you on that. Ha, ha, ha!!
I love all of yours! Here is mine:
No one should get a degree in anything unless they absolutely have to for the sake of their career.
This is such a fun topic! I love it and agree with many of yours. I didn’t know that people DON’T keep ketchup in the fridge. Like…why would it not be refrigerated? Crazy.
An unpopular opinion…hmm. I guess maybe that I do not like the way early childhood education is approached in the US. I wish we were more like Scandinavian countries and focused on social emotional intelligence rather than academics until kids are about 7.
Wait… some people don’t refrigerate their ketchup?? Mind blown, haha!
I’m with you on so many of these, but I have to say I have nearly zero tolerance for silence in the car, haha! Normally we are chatting, but if I’m driving solo then there’s either music or a podcast playing.