One of my favorite days of the year has come and gone: garden planting day!
Jimmy tilled the plot, we bought our seedlings, laid a weed preventing barrier, and got to work planting. Here’s what we planted this year:
- 2 cherry tomato plants
- 2 sunrise sauce tomato plants
- 2 green bean plants
- 1 white eggplant plant
- 1 sweet banana pepper plant
- 3 black beauty zucchini plants
- 1 straight eight cucumber plant
Here’s what I have in pots:
- Pineapple mint
Thoughts and notes:
- I’m so excited for Sadie to experience the garden this year. I think she’s going to have a lot of fun seeing everything grow.
- New-to-us plants for this year: white eggplant, sweet banana peppers, and pineapple mint.
- Last year we made the mistake of buying sub-par landscaping fabric, so this year we bought the good stuff and are hoping it prevents weeds better than last year’s did.
- It has been a while since we had four tomato plants. Can’t wait to make sauce!
- I don’t think we’ve ever had three zucchini plants at once. Bring on the zucchini 😂
- Fingers crossed Niva doesn’t eat or destroy the garden this year 😅
- We also picked up two hanging baskets and they’re so pretty!
So, there you have it. That’s our garden for 2021! I can’t wait to see how it does and I’ll make sure to post about the progress in a few weeks. I’m so excited for this season 😊