Sharing a few things making me happy lately!
1. Bible time. Our house is rarely quiet, but 5:00 am is probably the most silent it gets. You’ll usually find me with a mug of coffee, my Bible, and a notebook to take notes.
2. Heirloom recipes. I got a surprise package in the mail yesterday. My aunt sent me a few recipes that were my grandma’s and great grandma’s. I can’t wait to try them out!
3. Cornbread. Yup, cornbread is making me happy, okay?! I hadn’t made a pan of it in a while and this one definitely hit the spot. Niva supervised the whole process from start to finish, lol. If you’re a fan of cornbread, do you like it sweet or no? I’m a big fan of the sweet kind! My favorite recipe uses honey to make it sweet.
4. Naps. Sometimes you just need a good nap, you know? Are you a fan of naps?
5. Teaching Sadie about Christmas. I’ve been going over the story of Jesus’ birth with Sadie this week and it’s such a joy! We read Baby Jesus and acted it out with her nativity set.
6. Conversations with strangers. Sadie and I were in Dollar Tree yesterday picking up a roll of wrapping paper and a lady shopping nearby saw Sadie and they had a cute conversation.
-Lady: Hi! Are you helping mommy shop?
-Lady: What do you want for Christmas?
-Sadie: Umm, snacks?
7. My dad and Sadie. My parents watched Sadie on Sunday between the morning and evening church services and my dad and Sadie took a nap together.
8. Baking. I’ve been baking up a storm this week and loving every second of it. Do you do any baking or treat-making for Christmas?
9. A new book. I’ve been wanting to learn more about essential oils and I found a book that shares scripture references for oils mentioned in the Bible and how they were used. It also has great information on safety as well as remedies and recipes.