Sharing a few things making me happy lately!
1. Bible time. Our house is rarely quiet, but 5:00 am is probably the most silent it gets. You’ll usually find me with a mug of coffee, my Bible, and a notebook to take notes.
2. Heirloom recipes. I got a surprise package in the mail yesterday. My aunt sent me a few recipes that were my grandma’s and great grandma’s. I can’t wait to try them out!
3. Cornbread. Yup, cornbread is making me happy, okay?! I hadn’t made a pan of it in a while and this one definitely hit the spot. Niva supervised the whole process from start to finish, lol. If you’re a fan of cornbread, do you like it sweet or no? I’m a big fan of the sweet kind! My favorite recipe uses honey to make it sweet.
4. Naps. Sometimes you just need a good nap, you know? Are you a fan of naps?
5. Teaching Sadie about Christmas. I’ve been going over the story of Jesus’ birth with Sadie this week and it’s such a joy! We read Baby Jesus and acted it out with her nativity set.
6. Conversations with strangers. Sadie and I were in Dollar Tree yesterday picking up a roll of wrapping paper and a lady shopping nearby saw Sadie and they had a cute conversation.
-Lady: Hi! Are you helping mommy shop?
-Lady: What do you want for Christmas?
-Sadie: Umm, snacks?
7. My dad and Sadie. My parents watched Sadie on Sunday between the morning and evening church services and my dad and Sadie took a nap together.
8. Baking. I’ve been baking up a storm this week and loving every second of it. Do you do any baking or treat-making for Christmas?
9. A new book. I’ve been wanting to learn more about essential oils and I found a book that shares scripture references for oils mentioned in the Bible and how they were used. It also has great information on safety as well as remedies and recipes.
Yep, naps are my favorite too!
Love 💕 you!
You and Sadie taking a nap together was the sweetest! Love you! ❤
Spending quality time with my grandbabies makes me so happy, and amazed at the same time. Three beautiful girls born within 8 months of each other with entirely different looks and personalities. Sometimes I just laugh so hard at things they do and say (or try to say). Receiving pictures and videos of them throughout the day is the best!!!
I also enjoy looking a Christmas light displays around the neighborhood. It’s just so peaceful, and a great reminder of my childhood ❤️
Your comment made me so happy! I’ll have to remember to send more pictures of Sader Tot throughout the day 🙂 It truly is a blessing to have the three girls all healthy, happy, and so close together!
I love you! ❤
I’m with you, Sadie. Snacks sound like the exact sort of thing I would want for Christmas too, haha!
And the wee morning hours are when I do my quiet time as well. It’s just the best time for it!
I’ll let her know that great minds think alike on the snack thing 😉
The 5:00 am hour seems to be just right for getting in the special time! Love it ❤