We had a fairly restful weekend over here. Case in point: Jimmy and Niva shared a blanket on the couch for a little snooze one afternoon.
I had come up from our basement and saw them laying together and thought it was adorable that they were sharing a blanket.
I also found Malcolm doing some sunbathing in the kitchen.
Sadie got in on the restful weekend when we pushed the couches together to watch TV one morning. TV first thing in the morning was a major treat for her!
Hopefully she doesn’t expect it every morning now 😉
I did some reading. I started this book and it has been very interesting. There’s a lot I didn’t know about the brain, especially how a child’s brain develops and can be nurtured.
I’ve begun implementing a few of the strategies included in the book when Sadie is upset and they have worked very well!
I helped Jimmy in the church sound booth on Sunday morning and got to hear my dad teach a lesson on money in the church. What a difficult topic to cover, but also very important.
My brother-in-law, Josh, preached in the evening and while I was teaching a class, I heard he did a great job. I’m looking forward to catching up on his sermon via Facebook!
Other weekend happenings:
- A few Starbucks dates with Jimmy, Sadia, and Niva
- We went to a dessert get-together at my sister-in-law’s house
- Did some cleaning and real estate work catch up
A few of my favorite Bible verses on the topic of rest:
- “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
- And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus 33:14
- He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10