We celebrated Sadie’s second birthday with our families over the weekend and had such a lovely time! Since we had the party during the first weekend of October, I decided to go with a pumpkin theme and enjoyed decorating and baking for the special occasion.
I baked pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream as well as chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner, had a bonfire, and even did a piñata!
Jimmy had been working so hard all week to get our concrete countertops and recessed grill (no more see through grill!) all ready and installed for the party and he did it! Doesn’t it look amazing? He still has some finishing touches to do, but it was functional and we were pumped! Now we just have to figure out how to get Niva to stop walking on the counters 😉
Moments I want to remember:
- How excited Sadie was when she woke up from her nap and realized all of her favorite people were at our house, plus she was surrounded by balloons and candy. Life doesn’t get much better than that, right?
- Singing happy birthday to Sadie. She was shy and confused at first and then smiling and happy. So cute.
- Watching Sadie enjoy her cupcake and open her gifts. She didn’t know what to do with all of the gifts she was spoiled with!
- Spending time with our families on a beautiful fall night. It was fun to see Remi, Caroline, (<– Sadie’s cousins) and Sadie play together, too.
- Being so excited for Sadie to wake up the next morning so we could play with her new toys together!
Now, time for some photos!
What a special evening to celebrate the sweet girl we have been blessed with!
A look back…