If you’re a fan of the flavor combination of cherry and almond, I think you would really enjoy this granola! It features big clusters of oats mingled with tart cherries and crunchy almonds.
It’s one of those recipes that comes together quickly, bakes quickly, and is all eaten up before you know it!
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil of choice (coconut, canola, vegetable, etc.)
1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup if you’re vegan)
1 teaspoon cherry emulsion
1 cup dried cherries
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine oil and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds and whisk in cherry emulsion.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well, until all the dry ingredients are coated with the wet mixture.
5. Spread granola onto cookie sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden-colored and fragrant.
6. Cool granola on cookie sheets for about an hour and mix cherry pieces in. Store in a sealed container for up to four months. Enjoy!