We’re currently driving home from our trip to the Outer Banks so I thought this was the perfect time to share the rest of the photos and thoughts from our time in North Carolina!
We spent the second half of the week doing a lot of the same things: hanging out at the beach, swimming in the pool, relaxing in the hot tub, going out to eat, and enjoying each other’s company.
We were blessed with beautiful weather and no hurricanes! My brother and his family arrived on our last night, so it was wonderful to have the whole crew together for an evening. My parents were in their glory having all five grandkids under one roof!
Fun things we did while visiting the Outer Banks
- The guys took the kids mini golfing + out for frozen yogurt
- The girls went thrift shopping and visited a few other shops
- Jimmy and I went on a date to our favorite restaurant
- We ate at Black Pelican, Outer Banks Brewing Station, and ordered from Jolly Rodger and Duck Donuts
- Took the kids to Dowdy Park in Nags Head
- Visited Jockey’s Ridge State Park
- Jimmy, Sadie, and I went to the town of Duck and got coffee + wandered around the boardwalk
- Visited Son Rise Church of Christ on Sunday
- Walked on Jeanette’s Pier
- Spending uninterrupted time with my niece and nephew all week
- Our little family date in Duck
- Not having a schedule or usual duties // sharing housework and childcare
- My sister surprising me with a bracelet I said I liked while we were shopping
- Reading in the hot tub
- Sharing challah, babka, and cookies with my family all week
- Eating a soft hot pretzel with honey mustard while Sadie slept on me when we were out to eat
- Seeing the sun rise over the ocean on my last morning
- Watching my parents moments of joy with their grandkids (and kids 😉)
Well, I think this post is long enough! We’re almost home and hadn’t hit any traffic until we reached Pittsburgh. Classic 😂
So, so thankful to be able to get away and spend time with our family! Now it’s back to our normal routines and snuggle our fur babies!!