I caught Jimmy and Niva snuggling in Sadie’s rocking chair. They look adorably guilty, don’t they?
I’m happy to report that Sadie’s fever went down!
You know what I think helped? Cake pops. It’s good medicine to go on a car + coffee and cake pop date 😉 Oh, and we can’t forget milk. That helps too, right?
We went on a family walk the other night and the fresh air felt fantastic. We kept it short because it was pretty cold, but Sadie thought it was neat to be in her stroller in her footie pajamas.
I think I’m battling a sinus infection, but I’ll survive. I always seem to get them when I get sick so I know the drill and what to expect 🤷🏼♀️
I was so out of it the other morning that I just sipped coffee and stared off into space instead of reading my Bible like I usually do. So, my daily Bible study time happened on the couch during Sadie’s nap.
Here’s what I’m learning from Hebrews 4:12:
- The Word of God is living. The enduring nature of it is great proof of its reliability.
- Only 0.5% of books are in demand seven years after their publication and books are rarely reprinted after 25 years. The Bible? It’s the best selling book of all time!
- The Word of God is living because it’s timeless, tested, and true. It’s relevant, applicable to people in the past, and those in the present. It transcends culture, race, gender, occupation, and social and economic status.
- We can always learn something new from The Word, no matter how many times we read it.
- The Word is powerful and sharper than a double-edged sword; it can cut in both ways by encouraging or condemning. It’s also a weapon against the devil.
- God’s Word is unchanging. We may try to dance around difficult scriptures, but the Lord stands firm on what He has proclaimed. It is up to us to accept the Bible, not change it.
Okay, I better get going. Sadie is waking up and it’s time to start our day!
Hey I want a cake pop!! Looks so good! Never heard of such a thing! Sadie and I will have tom have a cake pop date.
Sounds like a date!! I love you! ❤
I’m glad to hear Sadie’s better and I hope you heal quickly from your sinus infection. Hopefully eucalyptus oil will help. In the UK, we have something called Olbas Oil (I don’t know if you have it in the States), which is an essential oil blend and is amazing as a natural decongestant. I think eucalyptus oil is the main ingredient.
I’ve never had a cake pop but they look delicious!
Thank you, Grace! I had never heard of Olbas Oil before you mentioned it and now I am wanting to try it! It sounds like it’s really effective for colds/sinus issues!!
I hope you can try a cake pop some day! They’re like a little ball of happiness, haha!
I’m so glad that Sadie is doing so much better! I’m sorry to hear about your sinus infection, though. That sounds so awful. 😦
So many good lessons you are being reminded of and learning through this study of Hebrews.
Thank you! It’s always the worst seeing little ones so sick!
Yes, Hebrews has been great!