I love butternut squash and I love muffins. So I combined them. I don’t know why I didn’t think to do it sooner!
1 cup butternut squash, pureed
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1 Tbs lemon juice
3 Tbs maple syrup
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400* and coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (butternut puree through maple syrup).
3. In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour through nutmeg).
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Spoon batter into muffin tin.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Ready for something really random?
I was in a book store, looking at National Geographic animal picture books with Jimmy (yeah… we’re that cool), and I saw a picture of narwhals. I was like “Wow, they made those narwhals look so real! Technology amazes me!” Jimmy looked at me really weirdly and explained that narwhals are real. Then he laughed at me for a few minutes because I was so excited to find out that little fact.
It’s the little things in life 😉