Well, Jimmy and I are officially outnumbered by pets! We welcomed our third fur baby this past weekend. Her name is Mavis and she’s an eight week old cocker spaniel!
We are having fun getting to know her and helping her adjust to her new home. Lola and Malcolm are enjoying their new friend, and Jimmy and I are tired from quite a few middle of the night potty breaks 😉
Mavis is rambunctious, curious, and incredibly sweet. Overall, we are just loving our new little family member! I’ll post more about her soon!
I’m currently blogging from the great outdoors. I can’t tell you how good it feels to be sitting outside just chillaxin’ on my back porch!That’s my extra happy face… with absolutely no makeup on.
Now onto the point of this post:
Tomorrow is my parent’s 25th wedding anniversary. They are currently celebrating in the Florida Keys. They left on Sunday and I talked to them today–they’re having a ton of fun.
I’m home with Hannah. And four needy pets.
Things that happened this week (so far) that make me appreciate my parents:
- Our golden lab had diarrhea all over our basement. I almost puked cleaning it and then I realized I didn’t want to clean puke and diarrhea. Little did I know that I would be cleaning puke within a few hours.
- Our cat puked twice. Once in the kitchen and once in the hallway.
- The same cat peed on a bathroom rug.
- I found a bug in my bed. I laid down and felt a tickle on my elbow… turns out it was a bug.
- The fire alarm started going off because the battery died.
- Hannah forgot her math book so she couldn’t figure out her homework and I know nothing about math.
- The “Check Engine” light in my truck appeared.
I know it probably sounds like I either make my pets really sick or I’m complaining. I’m not complaining (and I really hope I don’t make my pets sick!).
I have always known that my parents deal with all of the aforementioned issues but I never really appreciated/understood everything they do until I had to do it all at once by myself.
So mom and dad, if you’re reading this… I haven’t burned the house down yet! I just wanted to say thanks for everything you do for me. Happy anniversary, I love you!