Who loves gingerbread?! If you’ve ever wanted to eat a gingerbread man for breakfast, you have to try this granola! It has all the flavor of gingerbread–that warm, spicy, and sweet taste–but in granola form.
This recipe couldn’t be easier, and would make a wonderful Christmas gift for family and friends… or yourself 😉 This is also the recipe I use in my Etsy shop, so I can assure you it’s well-liked!
You may even have all of the ingredients needed to make this recipe already in your pantry! If you give it a try, let me know how you like it in the comments section!
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
Pinch of cloves
Pinch of nutmeg
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup oil of choice (canola, coconut, vegetable, etc.)
1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup if you’re vegan!)
1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine oats, spices, and walnuts in a large bowl and stir until combined.
3. In a glass measuring cup, combine oil, honey, and molasses. Microwave for 35 seconds and whisk to combine. Add in vanilla extract and whisk again.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
5. Spoon onto parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes, checking on the granola at the 15 minute mark. It should be lightly browned and very fragrant when it’s finished.
6. Cool granola on baking sheets for an hour and add dried cranberries. Toss to combine.
7. Enjoy! Store your granola in an airtight container or bag. It should last for about four months at room temperature if sealed well. I’m guessing you’ll enjoy it all long before then 😉