Sick day for me. I think I took like four two-hour naps as I got over the stomach bug. Sadie and Jimmy were so good to me ❤️
I kept thinking what day is it? What time is it? I got so confused and in such a weird sleep cycle all weekend!
Woke up feeling a bit better, but Jimmy got sick. I literally woke up as I think a fever was breaking because I was covered in sweat, Jimmy was getting violently sick, and Sadie was waking up for the day saying “No screaming Daddy!” 😆
Our Saturday was all about keeping Jimmy comfortable, sanitizing everything in sight, and getting Sadie out of the house so Jimmy could rest.
I was still feeling blah and Jimmy said having Niva out of the house would help him rest up, so I got in the car with her and Sadie and shakily drove her to doggy daycare… only to find out they were closing early for Easter. So, we turned around and went back home, LOL.
I did manage to get Sadie and Niva out on a walk so that was a win!
Good things about Friday and Saturday:
- Less dishes to wash!
- Watching a movie and TV as a family. Jimmy and I started to watch My Feet Are Killing Me and It was fascinating… why we watched it while nauseous, I have no idea!
- A peanut butter and jelly sandwich + gatorade tasted like the best meal I’d ever had once I could stomach food again.
- It felt amazing to see the sun and get some fresh air once we started feeling well!
Hard things about Friday and Saturday:
- Being tired and sick while taking care of an active toddler. I felt like she was so cooped up and must have been bored. She was an angel for us and I’m so thankful!
- Having a young and active dog while being sick. Same with Sadie, I felt like she was bored! She was a good cuddle buddy, though 😊
- Changing dirty diapers while being nauseous. Enough said, lol.
- Lots of laundry. But also so thankful we have clothes to wear and a washer and dryer to clean ’em!
Resurrection Sunday! Jimmy woke up feeling a lot better and even managed to eat! We didn’t want to spread any germs to church family that didn’t already get the stomach bug, so we watched church at home and listened to a great sermon on the importance of Jesus’ resurrection.
Our preacher was talking about how most of the world acknowledges the resurrection on what is known as Easter Sunday, but Christians celebrate it each week when we take communion.
We read The Story of Easter with Sadie and also spent as much time as possible outside because it was an absolutely gorgeous day with sunshine and warm weather! I even fit in some garden cleanup with Sader Tot!
What a whirlwind weekend! It was tough, but also a blessing because we all slowed down and spent time together.
I actually have so many great memories from it… like laying by the fireplace with Sadie, hearing Jimmy play with Sadie and her laughing with so much joy, tasting simple food and it seeming so delicious, and the happiness of feeling much better just in time for Resurrection Sunday and being able to reflect on its importance ❤️