Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post! I’m glad those who watched the video enjoyed it, too. It seemed like everyone loved my mom’s reaction 🙂
Today I’m popping in to share five things I’ve been obsessed with lately!
1. Frothed Milk. I don’t know why, but I have been obsessed with having warm, frothed milk lately. At first, I thought it would be perfect with coffee, but I am still having a small (occasional–yay!) aversion to coffee since becoming pregnant. Soo, I’ve been drinking mugs of warm, frothy milk. How do I froth my milk? With this bad boy. It’s amazing.
2. Cake baking and celebrating. I made a strawberry cake with strawberry mousse and vanilla buttercream for my mom’s birthday. We (my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and cousins) went out to dinner to celebrate my mom and it was such a lovely evening! I truly adore spending time with family.
3. Pet Sitting. It is kind of starting to warm up and feel more spring-like in Pittsburgh, which has made pet sitting so enjoyable (as if it’s not enjoyable enough when I have the adorable faces below staring back at me)! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50s and rainy, and I have six dogs to care for. It’s much easier to walk six dogs in rain than in snow, in my opinion! I’ll let you know if I change my mind on that after tomorrow, though 😉
4. Preparing for Resurrection Sunday. It feels like Resurrection Sunday, or Easter as many call it, came up quickly! I plan on reading the story of Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection this week, and have been writing cards to all my clients. Jimmy and I are also hosting my sister, brother-in-law, father-in-law, and his fiancé for dinner on Saturday and we are super excited!
5. Whipped cream flowers. I had a bunch of mousse leftover from my mom’s cake, and it’s basically whipped cream with a few extra ingredients. I didn’t want it to go to waste, so I did some research and learned that homemade whipped cream can be frozen! I pipped the whipped cream/mousse into rosettes and flowers and froze them on a baking sheet, then popped them into a freezer bag. I’m thinking they’ll be good on a mug of hot coffee or to decorate a cake or cupcakes!
Your cake skills are amazing! I need to start practicing piping. One thing I’ve been loving recently are my slippers. My feet are always cold but I don’t want to dirty a third pair of socks (work then running) so I’ve been slipping them on after showers every night.
Thank you, Maureen! I hope you get a chance to practice piping. It’s so much fun once you get going. I feel like it’s a great and tasty was to be creative 🙂
YAY for warm slippers! I can’t wait till it’s warm enough that we don’t need to wear socks and slippers before bed and can just live in flip flops/bare feet!
Those cream flowers are so cute and look delicious! Hope you’re having a fab week xx
Thank you so much! I had a great time making them! Hope your weekend is going great!
Sweet Allie thank you for sharing!
Guess my obsession lately has been a large iced Dunkin’ donut coffee with 1 cream.
Love that obsession, Dad! We need a Dunkin date!
Love you soo much! ❤
That cake looks so good! Stinks about the coffee aversion lately- I guess that is how pregnancy goes, though. Love your Savannah mug, I am going in a few weeks!
Thank you so much, Amy! I just love decorating and baking cakes! I am jealous you’re going to Savannah in a few weeks! I hope you blog about it 🙂
You know it. I’m going for a race but I’ll probably write a post about the visit as a whole.
That FOAM!!! You’re a natural.
Best. Compliment. EVER.
Oh my goodness those piped rosettes are gorgeous! I’ll be excited to see them in action on a cake someday if you share what you do with them.
I’m glad you’ve got better pet sitting weather on the horizon.
I’m intrigued by the milk foamer. May look into getting that.
I’m obsessed with Owen and Ava as always. They are just so fun!
Thank you, Amy! I just love the look of a rosette!
The weather is getting better, slowly but surely. We’ll pretend it didn’t snow flurry today, though 😉
The milk frother is so much fun!! Also, I love hearing that you’re obsessed with Ava and Owen and that they’re FUN! I love hearing that people enjoy their kids and parenting them ❤
You are so talented at piping! Those flowers and rosettes are gorgeous! I’m not at all artistically talented, but I sure would love to learn to create beautiful piping. Also, I’ve never really thought about just drinking warm, frothy milk before! Now it sounds pretty good, haha.
Thank you so much, Tialla! I absolutely love cake decorating and sometimes wish I went to school to do pastry work, haha. I wish we lived nearby each other–I’d totally have you over to bake together!
I could not love those whipped cream rosettes more! Oh my goodness, what an awesome idea! I love the idea of popping them into hot chocolate. All of your piping is so pretty! You inspire me. 🙂
Also, I love how seriously you guys take Easter. We are the same way. 🙂 We are hosting Easter lunch at our house for our families this year and I’m so excited!
Yay for better weather for pet sitting! I’m so loving these warmer temps!
Aww, thanks Rach! Your rosettes are looking amazing, too! I am soo excited for Little Bit’s cake. It’s going to be adorable and beautiful!
Yay for truly celebrating the meaning of Easter! I hope yours is AMAZING!