I love a good gingersnap. I don’t mind if it’s the hard kind or the chewy kind. I don’t discriminate against gingersnaps. I wanted to find a way to make gingersnaps more fall-ish, so I added pumpkin and came up with this recipe!
Since I was too lazy to roll these in sugar before baking, they’re not technically gingersnaps, hence the name pumpkin spice ginger cookies.
They’re soft, chewy, and full of pumpkin goodness. They pair well with a warm mug of coffee or a glass of milk. I plan on making these part of my Thanksgiving dessert repertoire!
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine coconut oil and sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add pumpkin, molasses, and vanilla extract and beat until all ingredients are combined.
4. Stir flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just blended.
5. Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place two inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set but still slightly soft.
6. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes after removing from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
Notes: I don’t recommend using blackstrap molasses. The dough can be refrigerated for up to two days.
Gotta try making these for sure 😘
I hope you do!
Yum! I love ginger snaps too. And pumpkin goes great with ginger spice so I’m sure these are delicious. I love a chewy cookie best.
Mmm, I love a good chewy cookie as well!
Mmm, these look amazing! Cookies and coffee are a great combination. 😃
Aww, thanks Grace!
By the way, I shipped your package last week! I hope it makes its way to you safely 🙂
Thank you! It’s kind of you. 🙂 I’ll let you know when it arrives!
ALLL the pumpkin!!! YUM!
Yes! Pumpkin forever!
I love how these are vegan so I can make them!! Cheers to you Allie! ❤
I didn’t even realize they were! Woo hoo!!!
They look so yummy!
Thank you, Rach!