Hi and Happy Resurrection Sunday! I wanted to share an article form our church’s newsletter that one of our preachers, Dave Provance, wrote about Jesus. I thought it was perfect for today. Enjoy 🙂
Jesus Christ is Incomparable
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’” Then they remembered his words. When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others. Luke 24:1-9
Who is like Jesus or comparable to Him? He is the Living One, risen from the dead. He is incomparable! He is beyond any man’s equal, matchless, unsurpassed, the Divine Son of God!
- More than two thousand years ago Jesus was born contrary to the laws of life. He was born of a virgin.
- As He grew into manhood He lived in poverty and was reared in some mystery.
- Jesus did not travel much out of Palestine. Once fleeing from King Herod He went to Egypt and another time He went into the district of Tyre and Sidon.
- Jesus never possessed wealth or influence.
- Jesus never received formal training or education.
- In childhood He puzzled the Scribes, lawyers, and doctors of the Law.
- In manhood Jesus ruled over the Laws of nature, He walked upon the billows of the sea as if they were pavement and told the sea to be calm.
- Jesus healed the multitudes without medicine and He did not charge anyone for His services.
- Jesus never wrote a book, yet thousands of books have been written about Him.
- Jesus never wrote a song, yet He has inspired more songwriters than any other person that has ever lived.
- Jesus never started a college, but all the colleges put together cannot boast of having as many students.
- Jesus never practiced psychiatry and yet He has healed more broken hearts and minds than all the doctors in the world.
- And on the first day of the week multitudes make their way to assemble around His table and remember His death, burial and resurrection and to proclaim His death to the world until He comes again.
Almost two thousand years have passed since the crucifixion of Jesus Christ our Lord, yet He still lives. Annas the High Priest and the Jews, Pilate and the Romans, Herod and the devil and his forces could not destroy Him. Death and Hades could not hold the Divine Son of God.
Jesus Christ stands forth upon the highest pinnacle of heavenly glory, proclaimed of by God, acknowledged by angels, adored by saints and feared by the devil and his fallen angels, as the LIVING ONE, RISEN FROM THE DEAD! Jesus is alive forevermore seated at the right hand of God our Father in heaven – and He is incomparable!