Mavis is now nine months old! She’s closing in on a year so fast that I almost want time to slow down. I’m also excited to see her become a dog, you know?
- Mavis graduated Adult Level II training classes with flying colors! She is now phased out of training at Petco because they don’t have any classes higher than Adult II, haha.
- She took her Canine Good Citizen Test and missed the mark on just one behavior, which was having a stranger touch her paws. This is important for therapy work (because people will be touching her if she’s a therapy dog!), so we are working really hard on paw touching before we re-take the CGC test.
- She’s going to be a big sister!
- She loves playing fetch with a ball, but if it rolls underneath something, you would think the world was ending. She whines, cries, scratches, and barks until she gets that ball back.
- When it’s cold out, she goes #2 on our back porch. Yuck.
- She still jumps on the couch from time to time (when Malcolm taunts her… he is a bad influence on her, ha!).
- I recently had to run into Walmart while Jimmy and I had Mavis in the car with us, so I left her in the car with Jimmy and he said her little body shook the entire time I was in the store because she missed me. Poor gal. I missed her just as much!
- I can’t wait for it to warm up in Pittsburgh so we can do more training outside!
- Mavis still hasn’t gone into heat. I think it’s normal for the first heat cycle to begin any time from six months to a year, so I expect it to happen soon.
- Her growth seems to have slowed down.
- She is still doing great with not being in a crate and not chewing things.
- She still gets along wonderfully with basically any dog she meets. She wants to play, play, play all the time.
- Sometimes I just look at her and just kiss her little face. She’s so cute and truly brings me so much joy!
- Hol-ee Roller Ball
- Fruitables Treats
- Kong (with peanut butter!)
- Meal Dispensing Toy
- Dogwood Chew Stick
- Feeding Puzzles
- Homemade treats
There you have it, that’s Mavis at nine months! Our puppy is turning into a dog before our eyes! We love the dog she’s becoming and can’t wait to see her be a big sister in the fall!