What do browned butter, pure peppermint extract, and dark chocolate chips have in common?
Combined with your typical cookie dough ingredients, they make an amazing cookie. The fresh minty taste, along with rich dark chocolate has quickly made these cookies a staple in our household.
If you’re a fan of Thin Mints and chocolate chip cookies, I have a feeling you’ll love these!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
2 large eggs
1 cup dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate, cut into small chunks
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter forms browned specks on the bottom of the pan. Pour butter into a large bowl and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
3. Add sugars and peppermint extract to butter and beat on medium speed with a hand mixer until combined. Add eggs, one at a time and mix on medium speed until well blended.
4. Slowly stir in flour mixture with a large spoon. Add chocolate chips or chunks and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake 9 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Cool on cookie sheet for two minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!