I’ve always been intrigued by collections. When someone tells me they have some sort of collection, I just have to see it. Whether it’s coins, dolls, stamps, or mugs, it’s usually pretty interesting.
Jimmy and I were watching American Pickers the other night, and there was a former race car driver who collected Nascar memorabilia and old race cars. It got me thinking about what I collect.
I used to collect postcards and quarters when I was younger, but I fell off the wagon with those 😉 These days I have a few things I like to collect, but they aren’t actually material items. I collect names I like, favorite scriptures, and affirmations or quotes that really speak to me.
I’m pretty sure I drive Jimmy absolutely nuts with questions about whether or not he likes a name. He usually doesn’t because I have quite the propensity to be attracted to unique names. He actually (jokingly) told me he wants me to sign a contract that I will give him a “name-asking break” while we’re on vacation, haha.
A few of my favorite guy names are Arslan, Miles, and Ryder. For girls, I love the names Blythe, Katya, and Natalia.
When I see or hear a name I like, I’ll write it down and say it over and over just to hear the sound of it. I also love to look up the meaning of a name. It’s fun when I hear a name I like and like the meaning of it.
Collecting my favorite Bible verses and affirmations in one place is pretty easy because Pinterest is full of awesomeness.
I have a whole board dedicated to scripture and inspiring messages that makes me so incredibly happy and encouraged every time I look at it.
A few of of my favorite scriptures:
- Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. Luke 18:1
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6
As for affirmations and quotes, I love these:
- Don’t let your struggle become your identity.
- Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.
- It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don’t stop.
- Be the person you needed when you were younger.