Hey there and happy Wednesday! I hope everyone is having a great week thus far. Mine has been good and fairly productive on the school front! I should be doing school work right now, though… ha. Soo, I’ll make this post quick 🙂
Here are nine snapshots of my life lately!
1. My brother has a lot of pets. I was on Instagram recently and was cracking up when I came across this picture that my brother posted of his wife and their pets (I added in all their names and the arrows). I feel like they acquire a new dog or cat every few months, haha! I think my brother is such an animal lover because we both grew up always having animals. There was literally never a time where we didn’t own at least a few pets. We had hamsters (mine had babies!!), turtles, lizards, frogs, fish, birds, dogs, and cats.
I especially loved my hamster, Minnie. When she died, my parents buried her in our front yard (I’m not sure why?!) and my brother and I dug her up a few days later because I missed her. We were a little bit weird 😉
2. Lola loves riding in my truck. Since I’m on the topic of pets, I have to share a picture of Lola. I take her on trips to the grocery store with me. There’s a pet store right next to the local grocery store, so I take her in the pet store to sniff around and buy her a bone. Then I put her in my truck with the bone while I get groceries. When I come back, she’s usually keeping the front seat warm for me. I love her so, so much.
3. One more picture of Lola. I love our daily walks around my neighborhood. I recently bought the Gentle Leader (after reading about it on Corrie’s blog once) and it totally changed our walks for the better! Lola can pull pretty hard, and the Gentle Leader seriously fixed our problems. My only gripe with it is that it looks like a muzzle, and I’ve noticed that people often act more afraid of Lola because I guess people think dogs with muzzles = dangerous?! Oh well. I know it’s not a muzzle, so I don’t really care.
4. I voted! Since it was pretty warm outside yesterday, Jimmy and I walked to our polling place together. When I walked up to show my voter ID, the women sitting at the table were like “You can’t be old enough to vote! No! You must be 14!” Ugh. I just laughed and was tempted to mention that I’ve been able to vote since 2010!!
5. Colorful flowers. How cute are these?! Hannah recently had a swim meet at a school near where Jimmy and I live, so we watched her compete and brought her these flowers, candy corn trail mix, and chocolate covered pretzels. I figured she needed the energy… or at least those were the types of things I craved when I was at long swim meets back in the days of my swimming career.
6. Cinnamon raisin bread. Another thing to cross off my baking bucket list! I recently read The Baker’s Daughter and loved it. The last few pages of the book included recipes that were mentioned throughout the story, so I decided to make one. I definitely plan on making more soon!
7. Dad! My dad has an office near my house that he works at a few days a week, so sometimes he stops over for a meal. It’s the best!
8. Being an adult. Jimmy and I received a housewarming gift card to Lowes from his aunt, so we popped in on Saturday to purchase a new ceiling fan four our kitchen since ours was on its last leg. Jimmy installed it himself and our kitchen is so much brighter now! I’m so blessed to have such a handy husband, too 🙂
9. Fall in Pittsburgh. It’s so beautiful.
Alright, I better get started on my homework for the day! Bye!