Hey. I just wanted to pop in really quickly and share a recipe before I head off to school for the day.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons molasses
1/4 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 400* and coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (the flours and spices).
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, molasses, oil, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla.
4. Stir the flour into the wet ingredients in two batches, alternating with the milk. Mix until just moistened.
5. Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!
I made some sweet potato muffins about two weeks ago, so I’m working on perfecting the recipe before I share it with you guys. They’re really good though! I’m also going to make butternut squash muffins when I find the time (school is killing me). I think I’m becoming obsessed with muffins?!
What is your favorite flavor of muffins? Any muffin recipe requests?
Bible verse of the day: For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 1 Peter 2:15-16