I like to think that anyone who reads my blog regularly knows how much I adore my dog, Lola.
She’s my buddy. I take her for rides in my truck, walk her, cuddle her, and talk to her. She has me wrapped around her finger. Or paw? Or leash?
Whatever the case, I decided to take my love to a whole new level. I made Lola homemade dog treats!
Honey Cinnamon Dog Treats Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 large egg
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl stir together milk, oil and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until just combined.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll or pat the dough into a rectangle that measures roughly 8×14-inches. Cut the dough into small shapes with a cookie cutter, biscuit cutter, or with the rim of a glass.
4. Place cookies about 1/4 inch apart on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. This recipe makes about two dozen biscuits. I advise storing them in a sealed container in the freezer.
3 medium-sized ripe bananas
1/2 cup sugar (brown sugar, honey, or agave nectar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour (or whole wheat pastry flour, if desired)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Whisk until combined and add to the liquid mixture.
4. Fold in the zucchini and pour into load pan. Lick bowl (jk… not really).
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean and the top of the bread is golden brown.
6. Cool for 30 minutes and turn the loaf onto a wire rack to fully cool. Enjoy!