Mavis is now 10.5 weeks old! She turns 11 weeks on Friday, and we’ve now had her for almost three weeks. In some ways, it feels like she’s been a part of our family forever, and in other ways it feels like we’re still getting to know this little fluff ball.
She is wild and cuddly and happy and sassy. She brings so much laughter and life to our house, and also keeps us on our toes 24/7. She is quick to learn, and will do anything Lola is doing. Malcolm and her play until they drop and it’s hilarious to see them run through the house at full speed. She lets me hold her like a baby and sprawls out in the most adorable ways when she naps.
- Playing with Lola and Malcolm
- Snuggling with Lola
- Drinking water and chewing on her water dish
- Chewing on Lola’s collar, lips, and neck
- Walking around the garden with me
- Taking walks
- Meeting new people
- Chewing on my flip flops
- Belly rubs
- Squeaky toys, rubber bones, and any of Malcolm’s toys
- Going underneath our neighbor’s fence to see her and get attention
- Not being in the same room as me.
- Being put in her crate when she’s not tired.
- Being forced to go to the bathroom outside when she wants to play inside.
- Being picked up when she doesn’t want to be picked up.
- She went to the vet and did great! She is healthy and up to date on shots.
- She has had numerous baths and has done well thanks to lots of treats.
- We took her to the pet store the first week we had her and she fell asleep in the middle of an aisle.
- She went to her first puppy training class and rocked it.
- She slept through the night for the first time around nine weeks, but sometimes wakes up once or twice a night.
- Mavis visited Jimmy and my dad at their respective workplaces.
- She’s had a few days with no accidents in the house!
- She learned “sit” and we’re working on recall.
- She has met all of Jimmy’s family.
Other thoughts and notes
- We’re pretty sure she came home with fleas, so we are treating all the pets. Whew is flea medication expensive!
- She does well in the car and likes to sit on my lap or just rest in the passenger seat.
- I hate leaving her. I’m the one with separation anxiety, ha.
- She is beginning to catch on to house training, and having potty bells on the door handle has helped a lot.
- Her ears touch everything her nose touches since they’re so long.
- Lola sometimes acts up (digs in the trash, eats cat litter, etc.) so I’m trying to give her extra attention.
- Mavis walked on top of a sewer grate and her legs went through. She looked like a little hot dog and just got up and kept walking.
- I love when her little nub of a tail wags. Sometimes it looks like a helicopter and I think she’s going to lift off the ground 😉
- She isn’t afraid of much of anything. She’s very curious about the world around her.
- Having three pets is hard work and crazy most of the time, but so much fun.
I think that’s everything! Sorry I’m the crazy dog lady who writes a post about her puppy like she’s a baby 🙂
Overall, Mavis has been so much fun and is adjusting well to our little zoo!