I used to make granola on a weekly basis, and then I sort of fell out of the habit. Every time I get back into it, I always ask myself why I stopped! It’s perfect on its own, in a trail mix, stirred into yogurt, or with a bowl of milk.
I have a few favorite granola recipes, and today I want to share a new one. It’s banana nut granola, and I can’t get enough of it! There’s something about the combination of bananas and nuts that is so delicious 🙂
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup nuts, chopped (use any kind you like!)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ripe banana, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the oats, nuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and banana. Microwave for 30 seconds and whisk until completely combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until combined.
5. Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheets and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The granola is done when it is golden brown.
5. Remove granola from the oven and cool completely. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!