Thanks for all of the well-wishers about my family and I being sick. Literally an hour or two after I posted, I had a fever of over 102*. That was miserable!
I felt bad for my family because I kept crying because my head hurt and nobody knew what to do. Yikes… sorry family. I’m feeling a bit better today though. I took a few rest days from exercise and ate a lot of soup. All the prayers from friends and family helped, too.
I have finally thought about my goals for the year of 2013! Here they are, in categories, because I like to be organized like that.
Life goals for 2013:
- Do things that scare me. (This usually means horseback riding, flying in airplanes, competing in triathlons, and swimming in the ocean. Don’t make fun of me..)
- Bake more. I love baking, but lately I haven’t set aside time to do it. This year, I shall.
- Travel as much as possible. I really want to visit Savannah, Georgia.
Spiritual goals for 2013:
- Attend more church activities. I attend a good amount of church outings and functions, but sometimes I fill my schedule to the brim with a million other things and end up missing out on fun outings with my church family.
- Figure out a “prayer schedule”. I pray every day, but I really want to get into a “groove” where I set aside a specific time just for prayer. I think it will really help me focus.
- Speak Jimmy’s love language more. You can learn about love languages here. Jimmy is so important to me, and I’m always looking to improve our relationship and show him how much I love him.
Fitness goals for 2013:
- Participate in a triathlon, half marathon, or full marathon. I’d be thrilled if I did all three in a year, but I’d also be happy if I only did one. I’ve done a few triathlons, but they’re the most challenging for me (the biking..) so I’m really aiming to compete in one.
- Stretch more. There is a yoga class right after I teach Spinning. I have no excuse. I’m also going to work on spending more time with my foam roller.
So there you have it; the things I want to accomplish in 2013. It’s kind of nerve-wracking to put these things on the internet for anyone to see, but it also makes me accountable. I like it!
What are your goals for 2013?
Bible verse of the day: He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8