I’ve been baking this particular granola for over a year now and I’m kind of ashamed I’m just getting around to sharing the recipe here! Do you want your house to smell like a coffee shop? Are you looking for a delicious snack, breakfast, or even a gift for a loved one? Bake this granola!
It’s filled with oats, almonds, cocoa, and of course, espresso! I love eating it in a bowl with milk, but it’s amazing by the handful, on top of yogurt, or sprinkled on coffee ice cream for an extra caffeine boost ☕️
Chocolate Espresso Granola
3 cups rolled or “old fashioned” oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons espresso powder (I use this one!)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup if you’re vegan)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, salt, espresso powder, and cocoa powder. Mix until everything is coated with cocoa and espresso powder.
3. In a glass liquid measuring cup, combine coconut oil and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds and whisk in vanilla extract.
4. Pour wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir until everything is fully coated.
5. Spread onto the two parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake for 15 minutes. If you like your granola to have large chunks, don’t flip or stir it!
6. After baking, remove from oven and place cookie sheets on a cooling rack for at least an hour so the granola hardens and cools.
7. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to six months. Enjoy!
Want to try this exact granola recipe but hate baking? You’re in luck! I sell it in my Etsy shop here.
Looking for more granola recipes? Give these a try!
- Cherry almond granola
- Chocolate granola
- Coconut almond granola
- Banana nut granola
- Peanut butter granola
- Gingerbread granola