Jimmy and I have a lot of fun together. Some of our funniest memories are also the strangest, and I wanted to take a minute to document them because I feel like they’re things that I just couldn’t make up if I tried!
1. Lola opened two of my Christmas gifts from Jimmy this past Christmas and each time she did it, I was the one to catch her! Jimmy kept getting so annoyed with Lola and I was so sad those surprises were ruined.
2. Another Lola story: she likes to be outside at night for like 30 minutes right before bed. Every. single. night. We’re usually dead tired and trying to get her inside by offering treats or a walk, but she typically ignores us. Just the other night, Jimmy knocked on our storm door’s glass to get her attention and literally broke straight through the glass!! Now we have a pane of glass missing in our storm door, LOL.
3. Remember when Jimmy and I went to that fall festival in October? We were walking around the park it was held at and checking out all the vendors when we came across a booth that sold items made with alpaca fur. Right on the ground in front of the booth was a basket filled with alpaca fur that said “please touch” and I don’t know why, but I thought that was the funniest and weirdest thing ever!
4. Many blog readers probably know that Jimmy is a welder. He often gets pieces of metal in his eye at work and sometimes has to go to the optometrist to get his eye numbed and have the metal taken out.
A few weeks ago, he came home from work and said he felt like he had metal in his eye, and sure enough, he did. He didn’t want to go to the eye doctor, so he had me use a q-tip to get the shard of metal out of his upper eyelid. He was sooo happy after and I was throughly freaked out!
5. Has anyone ever been in Walmart when a person from a cable company asks you who your cable and internet provider is? This happens to us a lot for some reason, and I guess Jimmy was feeling goofy one day a few months back because this was how the conversation with the cable company person went.
Cable guy: Hey! Who is your cable provider?
Jimmy: No thanks. We don’t have one.
Cable guy: You don’t have cable?
Jimmy: No. We live off grid.
Cable guy: Where?
Jimmy: *names our town within Pittsburgh*
Cable guy: What? That’s not off grid? That’s right off the highway!
Jimmy: Yeah… we’re just not interested.
6. Jimmy often will come pet sitting with me late at night. We’ll bring Mavis or Lola and hang out with the dog I’m watching, take it outside to go to the bathroom, and feed it dinner. Along with taking the dog outside is poop cleanup. This one housing plan that I pet sit in a lot has garbage cans around the plan, but not nearly enough. So, I usually end up with a poop bag sitting outside the client’s door until we leave.
What ends up happening is that it’s super late and we’re too tired to walk to the garbage can, so I chuck the bag of poop into the bed of Jimmy’s truck and we forget about it. Jimmy takes his truck to work, and his dad is always ragging on him for the many bags of poop we leave in the bed of his truck. Oh the life of a pet sitter’s husband. So glamorous 😉
7. Sometime in November or December, Jimmy and I were driving home from Sunday night church and almost ran over a plastic tote on the highway. Jimmy was like “Whoa!” and swerved around it. A minute later we saw another, then two more, then a few more. We were so confused and Jimmy was just like “Someone lost some totes!”